A partial recovery feels as great a challenge as my illness.
Strictly speaking, I am no longer ‘ill’. But I did not achieve a full recovery either.
A partial recovery can mean:
- symptoms continue, there are still episodes of depression;
- I still depend on other people more than I would like;
- it is difficult to make progress;
- I remain isolated, with little contact outside of my own family;
- I feel disappointed as I had hoped to make a full recovery;
- I feel cheated, as I had aimed for a full recovery;
- PTSD is part of my every day life.