What should I aim for?
- Mental health;
- the best version of myself I can be;
- to stay out of hospital;
- to help my family;
- to develop myself, and challenge myself to grow and learn;
- to learn lessons from my experience of mental illness;
- to keep the house clean;
- to sign up for courses, and try to learn more;
- to read books which might open my mind;
- to search for teachers like Louise Hay, who might teach me things that would help in my self-improvement;
- to forgive those who have wounded me along the way;
- to do no harm.
On some days, I have made no plans for the future at all, and have not left my room.
I know that is the nature of Depression.
We are overwhelmed, and cannot get anything done on those bad days.
But sometimes, I feel differently. I would like to have goals. I would like to move on. I would like to be a better person.